Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Xbox 360 dashboard

The Xbox 360 dashboard is actually a pretty darn slick little setup. There are different blades for Xbox Live, system setup, music-videos-photos, and more. It is very easy to navigate and gives you a lot of information and a ton of options to make your Xbox 360 experience however you want it. You can change the look of the dashboard by selecting a different theme and I am happy to report that the system comes with several themes already loaded that feature a number of different games and publishers. I’m quite fond of the Halo theme myself. A nice touch is that you can play music while you browse the dashboard. Not a big deal, but it is something that I appreciate. Even better is that the Xbox 360 recognizes CD-R’s so you can rip all of your copied music onto your Xbox 360. My custom soundtracks are going to be much improved from my original Xbox selection.
Another interesting feature is that you can adjust settings on the dashboard that will affect the games you play. You can set what difficulty level you like to play at or things like whether you want an automatic or a manual transmission in a racing game. These settings will apply to all games to order to give you a more consistent and streamlined experience as you move from game to game. Settings can be adjusted in the games individually, of course, but these global settings are definitely going to come in handy.

1 comment:

Still Standing in Line said...

I've heard nothing but great things about the 360 GUI. Now if only I could manage to buy an XBOX 360.

http://iwantanxbox360.blogspot.com/

Email me if you're interested in exchanging links.