Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Xbox 360

There's no denying that Gears of War 2 will be the standout Xbox 360 exclusive this Fall when it releases on November 7, but is it just a game? Or is it more?
Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski believes that Gears of War 2 is "no longer a game: it’s a platform."
What does he mean by this?
Simply put, Cliff feels that the game is so huge and offers so much gameplay that it'll be something that gamers will "play for months, if not years, to come.” In addition to the 2-player co-op campaign, Gears 2 will feature a co-op "Horde" mode as well as several new adversarial modes.

1 comment:

Franklin said...

I'm really hyped for Gears of Wars 2. The first one is one of the best games this generation, and it looks like the 2nd one will be even better.

Iceref, I work with Stacker 2 and I'm sure there are some readers on your site that don't have an Xbox 360 (or PS3, for that matter). I was wondering if you'd be interested in making a post about our contest where entrants have a chance at winning the system of their choice. Right now there are less than 400 entrants, and all one has to do is design a 6 Hour Power t-shirt (which is surprisingly easy to do online). Check out the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

If you'd like to help spread the word about it, let me know and I'd be happy to send you info and materials for a post. Also, if you end up entering the contest, I'll definitely vote for your design. I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this, by the way. I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a great day.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com